Sunday, August 23, 2020

Reisman’s Final Year’s University Lectures Available for Download Without Charge

Recently, a reader of my book Capitalism: A Treatise on Economics, told me that he believed that he had been able to get more out of my book and do it more easily because he had listened to a series of lectures I had delivered over the years 1967-2007. 

On the basis of my discussions with him, I’ve decided to release recordings of the lectures I delivered in my courses in my final year at Pepperdine University, 2004-05. These lectures are very closely related to my book, which was the main text for the courses.

 

Try reading a chapter and then listening to the lectures related to it, or vice versa, whichever works best for you.

 

There are two 4-unit courses, which, in order to follow convention, I labeled “micro” and “macro” respectively.


Each of the courses had 13 sessions (not counting exams), typically recorded in two parts of more than an hour and a half each.

 

The chapters in Capitalism assigned in the “micro” course are the Introduction, 1-11, and 14. The chapters assigned in the “macro” course are 12, 13, and 15-19. In both courses there are also some supplementary readings as well.

 

All of the lectures are available on Google Drive and can be downloaded to your hard drive without charge. Here’s the link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MCwIHMDKrjYm0seEGWSZL7qhMKDlvnd8?usp=sharing

 

Consider these lectures as a work in progress in that I intend to make various revisions and additions over the next year or so.


Downloads for the courses include a syllabus and eight detailed syllabus supplements that describe the content of each of the lectures. 

The book Capitalism: A Treatise on Economics is available on Amazon.com in Kindle, hardcover, and paperback formats. Go to https://www.amazon.com/s?k=George+Reisman&i=stripbooks&ref=nb_sb_noss_2 to order it.